Montessori Day Nursery & Forest School
16 Myrtle Avenue
Monday – Friday: 7:30 – 18:30
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located on Myrtle Avenue in Ruislip, between Ruislip Manor and Eastcote Train Stations which are both around a 10-minute walk to the nursery.
Situated on a quiet residential street there is parking available on the road outside the nursery for drop off/ pick up.
Rosewood Montessori Day Nursery & Forest School
Rosewood Montessori Day Nursery & Forest School, rated Outstanding by Ofsted (February 2018), offers children an exceptional Montessori learning environment seamlessly integrated with the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
We firmly believe in the benefits of outdoor learning and our dedicated Forest School area in the garden has a variety of exciting and stimulating resources to encourage learning and development.
At Rosewood we encourage children aged 3 months to 5 years to explore and thrive independently and we value partnerships with our parents and other professionals.
Nappy Wipes & Cream
We will provide nappies, wipes and nappy cream.
We have a safe place for you to store your buggy at our nursery.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Rosewood Montessori Day Nursery & Forest School
- Our baby room offers a home from home environment for babies to begin their nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore develop and discover through play
- Our sensory area is a key feature in our baby room, giving children the opportunity to develop their senses
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance, and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises.
- Our toddler room is the next stage on the nursery journey, children can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take the children on walks around the local area
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- Children become confident developing their imaginative skills through small world and role play
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills.
- Our preschool environment allows for more focussed learning and supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We provide opportunities through Montessori play which encourages a holistic, self-paced and experimental approach to learning
- We have a designated space for smaller group learning. We offer a Montessori inspired approach to learning life skills, preparing the children for their next step into school.
- Our garden offers a dedicated Forest School area where children can wander, climb, splash, and embrace their outdoor learning experience
- Whatever we do indoors can also be taken outside for children to enjoy and they take part in activities based on their interests and abilities
- Our garden is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical development and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence, independence, and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants, and flowers.
Hi, I’m Cathey Peart and have worked with children and families for the last 20 years in a variety of roles in the private and public sector. These have included intensive family support, running parenting courses, leading a Nursery School with complex needs placements and most recently as a nursery manager.
People are my passion, I am fascinated by
how we all construct meaning from our experiences and, particularly how we use our early
education environment to support the children in our care to make excellent progress in their learning and development.
Effective partnerships with our parents are critical to a shared understanding of the children and I love nothing more than a conversation about what everyone has been doing. It is a privilege to hear a child explain their understanding and what
they have noticed; as adults it reminds us of the awe and wonder in experiencing new things.
I hold a Master of Arts in Integrated Working with Children and Families in the Early Years and NVQ3 in Children’s Learning Care and Development, as well as a variety of parenting course facilitator accreditations. I focussed on leadership in the early years in my MA and the ongoing professional development of myself and our staff team is important as we strive to provide the best possible care and education.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Event
Saturday 20th January, 9am-1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.